Wednesday 8 June 2016

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #2

Wordy on Wednesday with Amber ©BionicBasil BBHQ Mewton-Clawson Library

With Amber, BBHQ'S Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Fantabulous greetings pawesome furiends

Amber here again *waves paw excitedly* and I must say it's truly delightful to have your company today while we do the literary kitty thing.  Mew know how cats and books go hand in hand, much like cookies & cream, rhubarb & custard,  nip & nip and soft bed & sun-puddles, well today I think I've found a delightfully funny novel to share after trawling the library shelves, it's one of my favourite cat books and by one of my favourite authors too.


Today I have the purrleasure in sharing with mew

[Image - Ambers Purrsonal Copy]

The Unadulterated Cat

by

Terry Pratchett 

& illustrated by Gray Jolliffe

Now I'm sure many of mew will have read this highly entertaining book, but I feel that I have to share it because it's a Kitty-Lit-Classic.  Mostly hilarious, with how to spot a 'real cat', naming your cat, types of cat [appurrently 11], and common cat games to name just a few cat-egories.  

This is not a 'cat user guide' or a 'how to care fur your cat' book - it is a funny, keenly observed, well written book about REAL CATS!

The P.A. roared with laughter many times as she read my copy and actually made footnotes, yes mew heard me - FOOTNOTES in the margins, as she said, "I need to make comparison charts!"  

Anyhoo, I digress, this is a really comical book and at 160 pages long with amewsing illustrations, [as far as I know there is no audio version] mew can easily read it on your commute [then again mew may get odd looks from strangers when mew can't stop laughing - DO NOT READ while commuting - READ IN PRIVATE] or while chilling in a sun-puddle.  

I can't recommend this enough if mew love cats!


The Amber Biblio Rating System:



Ratings of The Unadulterated Cat

Humour/Comedy 


Laugh Out Loud Moments


Illustrations


Offurall Enjoyment 



All I can say is, read it, laugh loud and enjoy!

And if any of mew well-read kitties have experienced the joy of this novel, let me know your thoughts...

Thanks so much fur joining me today and I'll be back next week with another supurr piece of kitty-lit, until then from my purrsonal library... 

...happy reading

Purrs

Amber









Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com

18 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds amewsing and awesome, Miss Amber. Thank you for sharing about it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amber.....we haz knot red this book two de food servizz gurl but we will
    put it on de wish list....thanx for de grate ree view..we all ways N joy
    a comedee round heer ...hope all iz verree well with everee one ♥♥♥♥♥
    ~~~~~~~ waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabbies, I'm sure mew'll really enjoy this :D and yes, effurything is furry well here, thank mew so much fur asking! purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  4. I just put this book on my goodreads list. I am jealous of that library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys, mew can come to my library any-time at all, I'll get some extra cushions ready! purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an awesome book, one I need to check out! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great book! Thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And we thought our pawppy had a huge library, MOL!

    That sounds like a truly fun book, Amber, thanks for telling us about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mew've got a library too, oh mew must do a post about it! purrs Amber xx

      Delete
    2. Well...um...he just has lots of messy shelves filled to ovfur-flowing with technical books about his job, some theology books and some books about all the confuser junk he does...and a few biographies and just a few general reading. Its his office, but library is just meowmy being polite...MOL!

      Delete
    3. Oh, and lots of meowmy's extra cookbooks, and her gardening books...to help her black thumbs...MOL!

      Delete
    4. If it's a pile of books, it's a library! MOL Mew should have seen mine before I got the P.A. to convert the shed!!!! MOL MOL

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...